Thursday, June 9, 2011

Room of the Month - The Pool

Summer.  The long hot days, the lack of a schedule and the roar of the air conditioner.  School is out for myself and the kids and that can only mean one thing -- pool time!  Nothing compares to the cool dip of our sun-starved bodies into that deep dark body of luscious water.  If you are like me, this is the time of year when you wish that you had your own swimming hole in the backyard.  However, this is something that I have relegated to the daydreams through magazines while I lounge at the subdivision pool.  If you are looking for some inspiration, look no further.  I have been collecting these pics for my client files all year long.

Notice how this strong hedge provides the perfect backdrop for privacy as well as greenery.





Arbors are ideal for creating a backyard living space near the pool.  Staining every few years keeps this piece of backyard grandeur looking pretty.



Uuuummmm...fantastic!  The light reflecting off the pool and into the home gives the entire space a unified look.



A somewhat stark look to it, this double decked porch provides an elegant and pristine feel to poolside living.



Must haves.....Manicured plants such as these cedar trees provide so much flexibility of placement.  Move them around if you like or leave them be -- either way, they pack a decorating punch.




Another example of a manicured greenery nestled into a mostly sterile environment.  Classic.




Although I'm not looking for a summer retreat, this little bungalow provides just the right coziness for me.  Do you think they take renters?



Recently, I ran into a quote from the infamous Dennis Rodman - NBA star, Madonna boy toy and Celebrity Apprentice wanna be.  Believe it or not, it's really quite wonderful : "This life is like a swimming pool. You dive into the water, but you can't see how deep it is."  This is exactly how I feel about my life right now and many of you may too.  But regardless of where life leads you this summer, one thing is certain.  Jump in feet first and take a deep breath -- good things are about to be all around you.  Hope your first dip into summer is spectacular!

Off to get my goggles-

C

No comments:

Post a Comment